ARTS DISTRICT / DESIGNATION
Motion - MOVE that the area in Downtown bounded by Commercial Street to Seventh Street and Alameda Street to and including the Los Angeles River be designated as the" Arts District."
FURTHER MOVE that the Department of Transportation be instructed to install
permanent signs to identify the new "Arts District" at the below listed locations:
1. Alameda at Second (facing north)
2. Alameda at Third (facing north)
3. Traction at Hewitt (facing northwest)
4. 4th at Hewitt (facing southeast)
5. 4th at Molino (facing southeast)
6. Santa Fe at Third (facing north)
7. First at Vignes (facing east)
Date Received / Introduced
Last Changed Date
9-14-04 - This day's Council session
9-14-04 - Ref to Public Works Committee
9-14-04 - File to Public Works Committee Clerk
3-9-05 - Council Action - Public Works Committee report ADOPTED to:
1. DESIGNATE the area bounded by Commercial Street to Seventh Street and Alameda Street to and including the Los Angeles River as the Arts District.
2. INSTRUCT the Los Angeles Department of Transportation to design and install signs to identify the Arts District at the following locations:
Alameda Street at Second Street (facing north); Alameda Street at Third Street (facing north); Traction Avenue at Hewitt Street (facing northwest); Fourth Street at Hewitt Street (facing southeast); Fourth Street at Molino Street (facing southeast); Santa Fe Avenue at Third Street (facing north); First Street at Vignes Street (facing east).
3-11-05 - File to Public Works Committee Clerk OK
3-14-05 - File in files