|BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS|
|Wednesday, May 11, 2022|
|Edward R. Roybal BPW Session Room|
|Room 350 City Hall|
|200 North Spring Street|
|Los Angeles, California 90012|
|Members:||Aura Garcia, President|
|M. Teresa Villegas, Vice President|
|Dr. Michael R. Davis, President, Pro-Tem|
|(Dr. Fernando Campos, Executive Officer 213-978-0261)|
|Click here for the entire agenda packet / documents|
Agenda, related board reports and attachments are available on-line at the BPW website at: http://bpw.lacity.org/ or via link below.
BPW meetings can be listened to by dialing:
213-621-CITY (Metro), 818-904-9450 (Valley),
310-471-CITY (Westside), 310-547-CITY (San Pedro Area); or
Live audio on-line at https://www.lacity.org/government/follow-meetings/board-public-works-meetings
As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services and activities. Assistive listening devices are available at the meeting; upon advance notice, other accommodations, such as sign language interpretation, and translation services can be provided. Contact the Executive Officer's office at 213-978-0262. TDD available at 213-978-2310.
INTERPRETATION AND TRANSLATION REQUESTS
Language translation and interpretation may be provided upon requests. To ensure availability, requests need to be submitted to the BPW Secretariat Office at least three working days before the meeting by dialing (213) 978-0262 or emailing: email@example.com.
La traduccion del lenguaje puede ser proporcionada bajo solicitud. Para asegurar la disponibilidad, la solicitud puede ser sometida al BPW Oficina del Secretario por lo menos tres dias laborables antes del dia de sesion llamada al (213) 978-0262 o enviando un correo electronico a: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Written material supporting agenda items can be reviewed prior to each Board meeting at the public counter, 200 North Spring Street Room 355, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
PUBLIC INPUT AT BOARD MEETINGS:
An opportunity for the public to address the Board on public interest items will be provided for up to two (2) minutes per person for a cumulative total of twenty (20) minutes. Testimony shall be limited in content to matters which are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board. The Board may not take any action on matters discussed during the Public Comment period.
The Board will also provide an opportunity for the public to address the Board on agenda items before or during consideration of the item for up to two (2) minutes per person for a cumulative total of up to ten (10) minutes.
In conformity with the Governor's Executive Order N-29-20 (March 17, 2020) and due to concerns over COVID-19, the Board meeting will be conducted entirely telephonically.
Members of the public who wish to offer public comment to the Board should submit written comments via Google form at https://bit.ly/DPWCommentForm or call +1 669 254 5252 and use Meeting ID No. 161 637 1032. Press # again when prompted for participant ID.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
VOTING AND DISPOSITION OF ITEMS - Items require a majority vote of the entire membership of the Board (3 votes) for approval.
Any member of the Board may move to "reconsider" any vote on any item on the agenda, except to adjourn, suspend the Rules, or where an intervening event has deprived the Board of jurisdiction, providing that said member originally voted on the prevailing side of the item. The motion to "reconsider" shall only be in order once during the meeting, and once during the next regular meeting. The member requesting reconsideration shall identify for all members present the Agenda number, meeting date and subject matter previously voted upon. A motion to reconsider is not debatable and shall require an affirmative vote of three members of the Board.
The Board rules provide that all items adopted by the Board will not be distributed or presented to the Mayor, or other designated office, until the adjournment of the regular Board meeting following the date of the Board action. A motion to send an item "forthwith", if adopted by three (3) votes, suspends these rules and requires the Board Secretariat to forward the matter to the Mayor, or other office, without delay.
NOTICE TO PAID REPRESENTATIVES:
If you are compensated to monitor, attend, or speak at this meeting, City law may require you to register as a lobbyist and report your activity. See Los Angeles Municipal Code 48.01 et seq. More information is available at ethics.lacity.org/lobbying. For assistance, please contact the Ethics Commission at (213) 978-1960 or email@example.com.
|PUBLIC COMMENTS: Board will hear public testimony on non-agenda items under the Board's Jurisdiction|
|NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL COMMENTS|
Discussion with Neighborhood Council representatives on Neighborhood Council Resolutions or Community Impact Statements filed with the City Clerk which relate to any agenda item listed or being considered on this agenda for the Board of Public Works (LAAC 22.819, Ordinance 184243).
|APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FROM|
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 27, 2022
|APPROVAL OF MINUTES|
COMMENDATORY RESOLUTIONS, INTRODUCTIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
REVISED POLICY - SIDEWALK DINING AND AUTOMATED L.A. AL FRESCO TRANSITION PROCESS
Recommending the Board:
- APPROVE the proposed Board's policy on sidewalk dining to replace the current policy, which was approved by the Board on October 20, 2021, to remove the requirement for business owners to record the Waiver of Damages on the property deed;
- AUTHORIZE the Bureau of Engineering (BOE) to create and implement a new automated L.A. Al Fresco transition process to transition from the L.A. Al Fresco Sidewalk Dining Program to the Sidewalk Dining Revocable Permit (R-Permit) and to utilize condition notes on the automated permit to ensure compliance with the Sidewalk Dining Policy;
- AUTHORIZE the BOE to allow a six-month grace period after issuance of the automated R-Permits for applicants to submit the Waiver of Damages and liability insurance and to pay any applicable Sewerage Facilities Charges; and
- AUTHORIZE the BOE to use the Special Engineering Fee to charge a lower fee for the automated R-Permits after such lower fee is established by the City Council.
|BUREAU OF STREET LIGHTING|
|BUREAU OF STREET SERVICES|
CONTRACT APPROVAL - TRANZITO-VECTOR, LLC - FINAL SIDEWALK AND TRANSIT AMENITIES PROGRAM - CONSIDERATION OF INITIAL STUDY/MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION
Recommending to the Board: In accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), review and consider the Final Sidewalk and Transit Amenities Program (STAP) Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration (IS/MND) and related documents for the STAP, adopt as Department of Public Works Advertising Content Policy, approve the proposed contract with Tranzito-Vector, LLC for the STAP, subject to the approval of the Mayor and the City Council, and adopt and forward this report and transmittals to the City Council with the recommendations that the City Council:
- ADOPT the attached findings, including under CEQA;
- ADOPT the IS/MND;
- ADOPT the Mitigation Monitoring Program prepared for the IS/MND;
- APPROVE the STAP as described in the IS/MND, including the STAP contract as provided below and the proposed ordinance amending Sections 67.01(a) and 67.02(b) of the Los Angeles Municipal Code (LAMC), as provided below;
- ADOPT the ordinance transmitted to the City Council by the City Attorney on November 16, 2021 (Council File 20-1536) to amend Sections 67.01(a) and 67.02(b) of the LAMC to clarify the definition of outdoor advertising structure, and to exempt certain approved structures from the prohibition of outdoor advertising structures in the public right-of-way;
- APPROVE the award of the proposed contract for the STAP to Tranzito-Vector, LLC pursuant to Los Angeles Administrative Code Section 10.5;
- AUTHORIZE the President or two members of the Board of Public Works to execute the proposed contract with Tranzito-Vector, LLC upon approval by the Los Angeles City Council and Mayor's Office;
- AUTHORIZE positions in the Bureaus of Street Services and Street Lighting for the administration and implementation of STAP for the period July 1,2022, through June 30, 2023;
- AUTHORIZE the creation of two (2) new position classifications entitled Principal Landscape Architect and Senior Landscape Architect to provide Landscape Architectural professionals within the City of Los Angeles promotional opportunities equal to other licensed/registered engineering and architectural professionals, and provide for the consistent, equal alignment of position classifications and salaries for all engineering and architectural professionals within the City;
- AUTHORIZE the upgrade of one existing Contract Administrator (9168) position authority and one existing Landscape Architect II (7929-2) position authority within the Bureau of Street Services dedicated to the management of STAP to position classifications entitled Principal Landscape Architect and Senior Landscape Architect respectively upon creation of those new position classifications; and
- AUTHORIZE the transfer of $1,057,362 from the Reserve Fund to the Unappropriated Balance, and appropriate therefrom to the following accounts within Fund No. 100 (Dept 62) and (Dept 84); such funds are to be reimbursed to the Reserved Fund from the Minimum Annual Guarantee Payment from Tranzito-Vector, LLC.
AFE - LEGACY BY-PRODUCTS, LLC.
Bureau of Sanitation and Office of Accounting are requesting Board approval and execution of an Authority for Expenditure in the amount of $78,780 to encumber funds to pay for the recovery and processing services of dead animals for the term of July 2, 2021 to June 30, 2022.
(AE 22508315M, Fund 508 - Solid Waste Resources Revenue Fund, Dept No. 50, Appropriation Unit 50VX82)
STOP NOTICE - WESTERN RENTALS
Western Rentals, is transmitting a Stop Notice in the amount of $2,628, for work done for Jilk Heavy Construction, Inc. in connection with the Bushnell & Wheeling Way Bulkhead Project.
(C-133006, Communication No. 122545 - Filed on March 3, 2022)
BPW - May 11, 2022
*** END ***